The creation of the three Crofts that comprise Orkneycrofts.com was a considerable task, begun in 2005 and completed in 2009.
Turriedale was thoroughly refurbished and upgraded to similar standing in the autumn of 2008. Turriedale was graded as 4 star by the STB in the spring of 2009.
East Heddle is the keystone, major work, and flagship of Orkneycrofts and became available in the Summer of 2009. East Heddle graded as 5 star by the STB in August 2009.
Our intention is to exceed your expectations at every turn if at all possible. On arrival you will receive an Orkney welcome gift pack that will contain the following or close alternatives;
- Charles Tait Souvenir Orkney Guide Book : The Orkney Souvenir Guide is a 96-page book, a handy pocket size, and covers all the main sites of interest, monuments, visitor attractions and islands in Orkney. It is well illustrated with over 150 of Charles Tait's images. The book has proved extremely popular and is aimed at first time visitors.
- Highland Park 12 year Old Minature - Approx a large Nip of the Amber Gold.
- Honour Decanters - Decanters will be topped up prior to your arrival. Port, Gin, Vodka and Malt Whisky. If you want us to stock anything else then please ask in advance. We will charge you for what you have consumed on your departure at the topping up replacement cost.
- Orkney Fudge - Family Size taster for your sweet tooth.
- An option for a stocked fridge is available to you at an additional cost of £50.00. This option will include the following local foods, or near alternatives, supplied to you at cost.
Milk semi-skimmed and full fat ♦ Butter ♦ Selection of local Cheese ♦ Fresh Bread ♦ Six Local Eggs ♦ 500gms Orkney Smoked Salmon ♦ 500 gms Dressed local Crabmeat ♦ Oatcakes ♦ Seasonal Fresh Vegetables ♦ Local Lamb (Leg) ♦ Local Beef (2 Steaks) ♦ Tea
If you are vegetarian or have any specific needs then call us in advance of your arrival to discuss your requirements. Alternatives to the above subject to availability.
All bedding (Siberian Goosedown Duvets, Egyptian cotton sheets and pillowcases) bath towels and sheets are provided. Other services include;
- Sony Bravia LCD HDTV (Freesat) + DVD player (The Byre)
- Panasonic Veira LCD HDTV + Freesat (East Heddle and Turriedale)
- All the crofts have Wireless Broadband.
- Panasonic Home Cinema systems (East Heddle and Turriedale)
- MP3 Ipod docking station so you can bring your own music. (All)
- An extensive library of books and local maps.